Aware of the importance of environmental, social, and corporate governance (“ESG”) issues Oxy Capital has been adopting practices conducive to increased efficiency in the use of resources, thus reducing its ecological footprint, contributing to the achievement of sustainable development objectives and increasing its competitiveness.
This policy shall guide Oxy Capital’s professionals in adopting a Responsible Investment Policy.
This Policy shall be adopted by all Oxy Capital’s employees; additionally, we shall strive to have this policy or a similar one at all of Oxy Capital’s additional stakeholders / portfolio companies.
As an institutional investor, Oxy Capital has a duty to act in the best long-term interests of its stakeholders.
In this fiduciary role, we believe that environmental, social, and corporate governance (“ESG”) issues can affect the performance of investment analysis and decision-making processes to varying degrees across companies, sectors and through time.
As such, the following guidelines shall be adopted in all circumstances:
- incorporate ESG issues into investment analysis and decision-making processes;
- be an active owner and incorporate ESG issues into ownership policies and practices;
- promote acceptance and implementation of ESG issues within portfolio companies;
- seek appropriate disclosure on ESG issues by ourselves and by portfolio companies;
- report on our activities and progress towards ESG issues whenever requested.
Taking into consideration our investment and backoffice activities, the following objectives from the United Nations Sustainable Development Goals, shall be adopted:
- No poverty;
- Zero hunger;
- Good health and well being;
- Gender equality;
- Affordable and clean energy;
- Decent work and economic growth;
- Industry, innovation and infrastructure;
- Reduced inequalities;
- Sustainable cities and communities;
- Responsible consumption and production;
- Climate action;
- Life below water;
- Partnerships for the goals.
5. Document control
This policy shall be prepared by Oxy Capital’s CEO, reviewed by the Chief Internal Auditor and approved by all Board members.
It shall be reviewed whenever necessary, or at least once every year.